Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Family Vacay

Well....I can say that even I am a little surprised that I'm re-surfacing the ole' blog. It's usually the last thing on my to-do list, and by that point I could just really care less. However, one of the main reasons in starting this blog was to be able to look back and remember adventures we've had, seeing how Hope has grown, recording her milestones, and being able to see the Lord's faithfulness through it all. So, for the sake of Hope not knowing anything about her first few months of life--here I go again. :) 

Recently my family all came in for a visit. They live literally all over the world (Vancouver, England, Dubai, Cambodia, and Omaha--soon to be Afghanistan), so it's not very common that we all are able to get together. It's even less common for anyone to come to Norman. However, Hope has a way of winning people's hearts to this quaint little middle-of-America town that we have come to love, and the Mayhew family descended on Oklahoma in late July.

We spent our week together at a friend's lakehouse (that word really doesn't do it justice, it's one of the most amazing houses i've ever stepped foot in) in one of the hottest weeks Oklahoma has ever seen. It was an amazing time being together: eating great food, playing on the jet skis, convincing mom to get on the banana boat (how do I not have a picture?!), watching the Olypmics, playing practical jokes, and of course everyone had some quality time with baby Hope.

One fun highlight was that one of my best friends, Taylor, graciously offered to take some pictures of our family. Since my dad couldn't be there, it was great to be able to capture our time together and for him to have a piece of that as well.

And since every blog post is better with a picture, here are some below. 

 
How we love the Knuckle!
Hope was all smiles for this photo shoot...Hope that continues throughout her life!
 One of my favs.
 The whole gang!
 Sister Love-Do we look alike?
 Precious Girl.
 Getting so big!
And...always full of expressions. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment