Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Name

Many have asked how we chose "Hope Avery" as a name. So, here it is:

HOPE: One of my all-time favorite characteristics about God is that he is the 'God of Hope'. Hope is a "constant expectation of good" and over the last few years, God has been teaching me a lot about that. Our family has seen quite a few challenges over the past few years in regards to my dad's health and different situations that have come up. God has constantly brought me back to this simple truth and it has become a cornerstone in my walk with him. Secondly, I love that God is the hope of the nations, the hope to the hopeless, the hope of EVERY human heart. This makes me so excited. The world is looking for hope and we have found it in Jesus! So, our prayer is that our Hope would be a woman who brings hope to the hopeless of this world because of the hope she has in Jesus (the anchor of her soul!).

AVERY: Josh and I argue over the true meaning of Avery. I have read "wise ruler" and he has read "nobility". So, we will just claim them both. :) A very trusted friend gave us a word when I was pregnant that this baby would have a sharp mind. So, when we came across this name it seemed to fit. I have been praying wisdom over her since pregnancy. We are believing that she will be a wise woman who leads from a place of purity and an undivided heart (wise ruler). We are also praying that she would know her status as a daughter of the king from an early age and walk out in her true identity (nobility).

TERNDRUP: Well...that one she's just stuck with. :) (Just kidding Craig and Linda!)

Please pray with us for our little world changer!

Picture: On the way home from the hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment